Competition Terms and Conditions
Bateleur Brand Planning (Pty) Ltd is an independent and private research and brand planning consultancy. Bateleur is a proud full service corporate member of the Southern African Market Research Association (SAMRA) and subscribes fully to the Associations stringent code of practice for ethical and quality standards.
Time to time, Bateleur runs competitions with members of the public whereby participation puts entrants in the running for a prize. As is usual, terms and conditions apply to such competitions.
1. Bateleur undertakes to uphold confidentiality and privacy terms of the personal identity and details of responses of competition entrants.
2. Bateleur undertakes to not share participants details with any third-party whatsoever.
3. Bateleur undertakes to not use participants details for any marketing or selling purposes in any form.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter or when. In the case where surveys are taken, specific answers to surveys in no way affect one’s chances of winning.
5. By partaking in survey competitions, participants agree to receive invitations to contribute to market surveys from time to time. Survey participation is voluntary. Participants have the right to opt out at any time.
6. Competitions are not open to directors, partners, agents or employees of Bateleur, or the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified above.
7. If you are under 16 years old, please let your parents know that you are entering the competition.
8. Only entries submitted before the published closing date of the competition, if stipulated, will be eligible for the prize draw.
9. Bateleur and affiliates will not be liable for any injury or damage to any person’s, computer, mobile telephone or other device used by that person to participate in the survey/competition.
10. Bateleur will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you incur for the purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance or use of a prize.
11. Entry into the survey/competition will not necessarily result in winning a prize. Participants who qualify by submitting valid entries before the competition deadline will be entered into a random draw to select winners.
12. Prizes may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
13. Prize winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us.
14. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this survey/competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
15. Participation in competitions is subject to any applicable statutes in South African law as well as in common-law.